Suffern remains No. 1 this week followed by Mahopac, Rye Country Day and Scarsdale.
Mike Dougherty, email@example.com
lohud hockey rankings
1. Suffern (8-1) — Winning a league title is the first goal so this week’s games against Clarkstown and Mamaroneck are significant. Previously: 1
2. Mahopac (12-1) — The Indians have won four in a row, but they have to find a way to sustain that momentum over a 10-day break. Previously: 3
3. Rye Country Day (5-1) — A weekend cancellation forced a three-week gap between games, which is a somewhat awkward pause. Previously: 4
4. Scarsdale (5-4) — One-goal wins over Pelham and North Rockland have the Raiders on the upswing after so many close losses before the break. Previously: 6
5. John Jay (6-3) — Underclassmen can be inconsistent game to game, but right now this team is riding high. Previously: 10
6. Greeley (8-1) — At some point this season, the Quakers were going to have to deal with some adversity so why not right now? Previously: 2
7. Mamaroneck (5-5-1) — The scoring has picked up, but the Tigers need to be more efficient to pull an upset Friday against Suffern. Previously: 7
8. Rye Town/Harrison (7-3) — A little quality time on the road over the break will pay dividends in the second half. Previously: 8
9. North Rockland (5-4) — The Red Raiders have to get comfortable playing in low-scoring, defensive battles. Previously: 5
10. Fordham Prep (5-5-1) — A win over Xavier this weekend shows growth. A winning streak is the next goal. Previously: NR
On the bubble: Pelham, White Plains, Harvey.
1. Suffern; 2. Mahopac; 3. Scarsdale; 4. Rye Town/Harrison; 5. Mamaroneck; 6. North Rockland; 7. White Plains; 8. Carmel; 9. New Rochelle; 10. BrewTown.
1. John Jay; 2. Greeley; 3. Pelham; 4. Rye; 5. Pearl River.
1. Rye Country Day; 2. Fordham Prep; 3. Harvey; 4. Iona Prep; 5. Stepinac.
Read or Share this story: https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high-school/ice-hockey/2019/01/07/hockey-rankings-john-jay-greeley/2499866002/